KWappen - Game (Linux)
High addictive KDE 3.2 board game
Kwappen : KDE board game
The goal is the reduction of the 4 columns in minimal time. The rules of the game are very simple. You can move symbols (stones) on top of a column or rotate columns.
The rules are described in the section Shrinking rules. The computer has his own symbol stack in the upper right corner. This computer symbol will be put on the top of a column after your move. The computer selects a column by random.
You win, if all columns have only 1 stone or empty. You lose, if one column has 10 or more stones after the column shrink.
Rules of the game:
Moving a symbol
1. Select a symbol in one of the columns with the mouse.
2. Select a column for this symbol with the mouse (computer puts it on the column top).
3. The computer adds its own symbol on the top of one column.
4. The computer will shrink the columns (see shrink rules)
Rotate a column
1. You can revert one column with the buttons "1", "2", "3", "4"
2. The computer adds its own symbol on the top of one column.
3. The computer will shrink the columns (see shrink rules)1.
Swap computer stone 1x
You can swap the computer symbol (max. 1x) with the button "Swap computerstone 1x"
At the begin of a new move, you change exchange the computer symbol. This is an useful feature in the end game. The yellow arrow marks the next column of the computer symbol. You can use this hint for strategic symbol moves !
Revert a symbol selection
You can revert your own symbol selection with the right mousekey..
- 2 or more equal stones upon the other will be removed
- 4 equal card symbols in a row (e.g. 4 spades) will be removed
The computer shrinks the columns multiple, if a shrink has produced a new shrinkable pattern.
Compilation and installation
KDE 3.2, qt >= 3.3, min. 1024x768 pixel
Installation via rpm:
You can install Kwappen with the kpackage program or with the command line:
Please check the shell variable KDEDIR for the correct KDE3 path. echo $KDEDIR Unfortunely, SuSE and RedHat/Mandrake have different KDE3 pathes
SuSE 9.1 - compilation/installation
tar xvf kwappen-1.1.5.tar
Red Hat / Mandrake compilation/installation
KDEDIR=KDE path of Redhat/Mandrake
QTDIR=QT3 of Redhat/Mandrake
tar xvf kwappen-1.1.5.tar
Version 1.0: Initial version
1. Exit highscore entry with return key
2. kwappen.desktop file in folder Games/Board
3. New game tiles with relief style
4. Avoidness of rows with same card color at start
1. Makefile bugfixes
2. Extra HTML help (index.html-format)
3. New key controls:
- Space key : 'Swap stone 1x'
- Key 1 - 4 : Rotate columns
4. Code optimations
5. rpm package
1. Arrow marks the next computer stone column
2. Save of the highscore name
3. Code and speed improvements
1. KDE 3 port
2. Minor code optimations
1. Faster gameplay (timer event set to 0,5 sec,
instead 1 sec)
2. Makefile fixes
3. Fixes for gcc 3.2 and qt-3.0.5
4. Code and speed improvements
1. Bugfix Highscore entry save
2. Mandrake 9.0 rpm package
1. gcc 3.3 fixes
2. KDE 3.1 port
3. Makefile fixes
4. Mandrake 9.1 rpm package
1. KDE 3.2 port
2. Major graphic enhancements
3. Major code cleanup
4. New backgrounds
5. Green rectangle shows row with 3 tiles of the same card color
6. Change development from KDevelop 2.1.5 to 3.0.4
Please delete old KDE3 versions of KWappen (uninstall the rpm-package). Install the SuSE 9.1 KWappen-rpm package via console, because Yast2 don't work). I don't know why.
KWappen (Linux KDE 3.2):
2. KWappen (Mandrake 10) kwappen-1.1.5.mdk10.i586.rpm (deutsch/english/portuguese) (please test, I donīt have MDK 10)
KWappen (Linux KDE 3.1):
KWappen (Linux KDE 3.0):
2. KWappen (Mandrake 9.0) kwappen-1.1.4.mdk90.i386.rpm (deutsch/english) (new 07.04.03)
KWappen (Linux KDE 2):