PFA Chile User Group ideas
PFA Chile Benutzergruppe (deutsch)
My PFA Chile group idea:
The PFA Chile user group is a group of philatelistic volunteers. Our goal is a complete database of chilean postmarks.
Everbody is welcome to join us in our philatelistic group. I think, at the moment several thousands of chilean postmarks are not in PFA Chile. If you´ve some of these postmarks, please help us.
Join the PFA Chile User group:
- Send a short email to the PFA Chile user group for joining (Email button see below)
- Tell us, if we can set your name in the member list on this website
- The member list includes only your name and no email address
- If you want a PFA Chile CD, we need your post address internally
- The PFA Chile CD is free of charge and shipping costs
- Only CD shipping costs outside European Union are a real problem. I will discuss this issue with such a group member.
Get your Chile postmarks into PFA Chile:
PFA is a centralize database program. It needs a central administrator. He adds the postmarks and its data into PFA Chile.
- A new member gets the actual PFA Chile version first. This will send to your post address.
- Send postmark scans with 300 dpi and a short description to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 600 dpi scans are only for really rare postmarks
- Letter-/postcard scans with 150 dpi (postmark scans has priority !)
- Additionally postmark data (new years/first usage/color/type)
- Postal station data (geographical coordinates)
- Replacement of worse old postmark scans with better ones
- If your postmark scan is illegible, I will discuss the integration in PFA Chile
- Every new postmark in PFA will get a entry of the collector/image poster
Postmark group calls via email:
You can send chilean postmarks you like to see for integration in PFA. Additionally, I will make some postmark group calls. Every month, I will call for such a postmark group.
- Call for new postmarks of postal stations, which begins with the letter G (e.g. GATICO, GORBEA, GUAYACAN...)
- or the branch office postmarks VALPARAISO-2 to VALPARAISO-10
How I get updates of PFA Chile ?
- Every month, I will put an update file (ZIP compressed) at the PFA Chile website
- These updates includes an install programm, which upgrades your PFA Chile data on your PC
- Please install all these updates incrementally (don't forget one of these updates files)
- Every 6 month I will produce a new PFA Chile CD with includes all web updates. It will get a new update level number.
Chile postmark updates are in the download area of this web site.
Your next step:
If you like the ideas of the PFA Chile group, than join us. You can leave the group at any time, you like, too.
Let´s work together.
Email PFA Chile User Group: